Christ, the Good Shepherd
               Parish,  Campbell, Ohio

ST. JOSEPH THE PROVIDER CHURCH



NAVIGATION
Street. Work was begun on a permanent church, but the bright hopes of the hard-working parishioners were dulled by a six-month steel strike, and economic hardships that hit the valley. A tornadic storm in late summer leveled the newly-erected shell. By Christmas 1919 the parishioners entered a partially completed church which led to the Dedication Mass on August 19, 1920.
From that early beginning to the 21st century the parishioners have been dedicated and hard-working Catholic people, sacrificing so much for the glory of God and country. Through the hard work of its pastors, the Franciscan sisters, and its Faith, the parish church and school survived set backs and crosses and each time rose to new life.
Many remember the hard work of parents and grandparents working at the church, making pierogi, cooking for various fundraisers and occasions, the festivals, and the hard work of the organizations. These were all the seeds planted in a growing congregation. 
Permission for a new church building and rectory was granted by Bishop Emmett M. Walsh, on December 22, 1961. The Bishop also granted permission to establish the new church under the patronage of St. Joseph the Provider. The groundbreaking took place on March 18, 1962. A record crowd of parishioners and friends, nearly 500 persons, was present to see a dream come true. The actual construction began on St. Joseph's Day, March 19, 1962. With constant prayer, hard work, sacrifice and lasting patience, St. Joseph the Provider Parish was dedicated on Sunday, August 4, 1963 by Bishop Walsh who commented, "this is a day of great happiness".
The years that followed were marked with the completion of the dream of a new church, rectory, school and convent.
Even though many of our family and friends have gone on before us, their memory is still alive in our homes and hearts. Their faith, sacrifices and love for God and His church are remembered each time we gather for Holy Mass.

Pastors of the Parish

Rev. Joseph Rojewski1919-1921
Rev. Thomas Murawski      1921-1922
Rev. Anthony Orlemanski   1922-1925
Rev. Lawrence W. Budny   1925-1931
Rev. Michael J. Konwinski 1931-1940
WITAMY--WELCOME

Our  roots  trace back to 1906  with the movement of Polish immigrants into the east side  of  the city of Youngstown,  Ohio.  This movement  gained  momentum  in the years that  followed  prior to  the beginning  of  the First World War.
Being  a  devoutly  religious  group, but without their own parish church, most of the Polish  families had to travel to Youngstown where  they  attended St. Stanislaus Church on South Avenue. St. John the Baptist Polish Church was organized in 1919 with Fr. Joseph Rojewski as the first resident pastor. The first church services were held in a store  building  on  Robinson  Road  at  Fourteenth 
Rev. Msgr. Thaddeus Heruday      1940-1964
Rev. Leon W. Dobosiewicz     1964-1984
Rev. Leo J. Pleban           1984-2000
Rev. Michael A. Swierz     2000-2011
Rev. Joseph Ruggieri       2011-Present
Merged and now Christ, the Good Shepherd Parish

Click on the link below to visit St. Joseph's Facebook page.

Contact Us:
St. Joseph the Provider Church
Physical address:633 Porter Avenue
Mailing address & Parish Office: 394 Tenney Avenue
Campbell, OH  44405
330-755-4141
FAX: 330-755-1367
Email: christthegoodshepherd@aol.com
Hall & Pierogi Sales: 330-755-1316
All parish offices and mailing addresses are located at 394 Tenney Avenue, Campbell, Ohio  44405
ST. JOSEPH THE PROVIDER PAGES
St. John the Baptist Church
159 Reed Avenue
Campbell, OH  44405
Hall: 330-755-0036


St. Joseph the Provider Church
633 Porter Avenue
Campbell, OH  44405
Hall & Friday Pierogi Sales: 330-755-1316
St. Lucy Church
394 Tenney Avenue
Campbell, OH  44405
Palermo Center: 330-755-4545
Sta. Rosa de Lima Church
394 Tenney Avenue
Campbell, OH  44405
Hispanic Ministry: 330-755-3633

394 Tenney Avenue  •  Campbell, Ohio 44405  •  330-755-4141 (phone)  •  330-755-1367 (fax)  •  330-755-3633 (Hispanic ministry)